Monday, February 23, 2009

My idea for my project on manipulation is to manipulate something that already exists. I had an idea to take fashion magazine advertisements and screen print directly on top of them. I thought this would be interesting because I have done screen printing before but I always printed on plain white paper and this is an interesting twist. Here I have scanned in some of the magazine pages I would like to use. 

                 

Here are some of the ideas I have for screen printing on the magazine advertisements. These would run along the bottoms of the images, possibly screen printed in white. Or maybe each idea (people, or city) would be printed in a different color. 


3 comments:

  1. I like this idea of printing directly on the ads...but I don't quite understand the juxtaposition of the screen printed images against them ...why the people/city?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I think taking the magazine images and using them as your "canvas" gives the project an interesting twist. I love the images you chose, I would have to agree with J however. I understand those chosen images may be preliminary but in the end i would ask why? What does these screen printed images have to say in relation to the magazine covers? Overall I think this idea is great and I am interesting to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree also, printing onto the magazine images is interesting and has definite possibilities. The other images with the figures and the city scape are less interesting, they don't speak to the same issues, and definitely don't have the same potential for manipulation.

    ReplyDelete